- Makita-built outer rotor BL Brushless motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency Equivalent to a 32cc gas chain saw
- Variable speed trigger (0-3, 940 fpm) for easy operation
- Built-in lock-off lever helps prevent the chain from accidentally engaging
- Built-in L.E.D. On/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off when operation is delayed for extended Battery life
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries deliver power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT platform (batteries not included)
Details: Landscapers & contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded & gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless ope, including the 18V x2 LXT (36V) Brushless 18" chain saw (model XCU04Z, tool only). with zero emissions, lower noise, & considerably less maintenance, the XCU04Z is a welcome solution for cutting & trimming applications. It's powered by two 18V LXT batteries (sold separately) for maximum power, Speed & run-time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. & with the efficient Makita outer rotor Brushless motor with direct drive system, users get high power efficiency that is equivalent to a gas chain saw. The XCU04Z has a 16" guide bar & the Makita-built outer rotor BL Brushless motor direct drive system motor with variable Speed delivers 0-3, 940 fpm for increased cutting Speed. It has zero emissions & reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, & no air filter or muffler to clean. & there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pick it up, load two 18V LXT lithium-ion batteries, & the saw is ready to use. Convenience features include a "tool-less" chain adjustments, a front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged, an electric brake for maximum productivity, & more.
Package Dimensions: 21.1 x 10.4 x 10.1 inches